Our Five Top Bust Picks:
- DeMarco Murray-RB-Eagles: When Murray was behind the league’s top offensive line in Dallas last season, he ran wild! Not the case this time around in Philadelphia. Besides there being a much less talented O-Line in Philly, Murray will be fighting for carries with Darren Sproles and Ryan Matthews; a whole different sort of level of competition than he had with the Cowboys. Draft with care.
- Julius Thomas-Tight End-Jaguars: Besides the fact that Thomas has yet to play more than 14 games in a season, he didn’t even net 500 yards in 13 appearances last season! And that’s with Peyton Manning heaving the rock! Thomas will be more a Marcedes Lewis-like TE ( in terms of fantasy points) in Jacksonville with Blake Bortles under center. Just don’t expect the Thomas of old.
- Nick Foles-QB-Rams: The only way we can describe the receiving talent in St. Louis in one word would be “average”. The oft-injured Foles, will be under the leadership of a Jeff Fisher team which has a propensity to just pound the rock. Couldn’t get more opposite going from a Chip Kelly machine gun- like offense to the aforementioned Jeff Fisher, which will not help Foles’ cause one bit.
- Coby Fleener-Tight End-Colts: We can feel the eyes rolling a bit with this prospective bust pick but, come on, Andrew Luck already had a Quarterback’s dream receiving corps and that was BEFORE this year’s acquisitions of Andre Johnson and Phillip Dorsett. Just not going to be enough opportunities for Fleener with the multi-options at Luck’s disposal. A much better pick at TE would be Vernon Davis who is just two-years removed from a 13 TD season, and who has been going unbelievably late in drafts.
- Peyton Manning-QB-Broncos: Is it sacrilege to even ‘suggest’ that Peyton will be a bust? Perhaps. After all he is a legend in the NFL, however here is what we’re looking at: Last December, Manning threw for just 3 touchdowns while serving up 6 interceptions. Couple that with the loss of LT Ryan Clady who is out for the year and Manning’s age (40) and well, we think you need to be careful and not overpay for a name as sexy as Peytons…