We have gone over all the teams in the NFL and found these five to be very intriguing. You will see several things listed that could affect each of these team’s performances this season. Remember, we’re just listing intangibles-information that might not show up in the stat sheet each week but which could have a huge impact on the outcome of games. Here they are in no particular order…
1. VIKINGS- Minnesota’s schedule could be their biggest enemy this season as they will open up having to face two division rivals, the Lions and the Bears, on the road! In week four they will travel across the pond to London to take on the Steelers. Week five is their ‘Bye’ week which means that they will have to play 12 consecutive weeks to end the season. Phew!! Not an easy task
2. LIONS- The Lions, for the first time in three seasons, have a new offensive line with three and possibly four new starters. They do however have possibly two Pro-Bowl defensive tackles in Ndamukong Suh and Nick Fairly.
3. BEARS- Chicago’s defense is letting its age show with Linebacker Lance Briggs (33 years old in November), 33 year old Defensive End Julius Peppers and 32 year old Cornerback Charles Tillman. As for their offensive line, only the Cardinals have allowed more sacks than the Bears over the past three years.
4. EAGLES- Philadelphia will carry four tight ends on their roster and use a lot of two-and three-tight end sets. In addition to their two returning tight ends Brent Celek and Clay Harber, the Eagles picked up James Casey in free agency and Zach Ertz in the second round of this year’s draft.
5. GIANTS- Our biggest worries about Big Blue this season is not their offense but how well they can defend the run. Last year the Giants allowed opponents an average of 129.1 rushing yards per game. Their pass rush was the worst it’s been in years as their total sacks dropped from 48 to 33. Lots of work to do in these two areas.