With just two weeks to go in the fantasy basketball regular season, it’s a time to solidify your line-ups, strengthen your bench, and pick up players who have categories that you might be lacking on your team…
1. Rodrigue Beaubois-PG/SG-Mavs- 39 year old Jason Kidd’s back up at the one makes for a nifty pickup not only because his numbers over the past 4 games have been more than adequate, but in case of any setback or injury to Kidd, the understudy makes for an excellent replacement. In just 20+ minutes per game he has averaged 13.8 points, 1.5 three, and 2.0 steals a game. He is currently owned in around 25% of leagues.
2. Ekpe Udoh-PF/C-Warriors- At the end of last week, coach Mark Jackson anointed Udoh as the starting center for the Warrriors for the rest of the season; (barring any major let downs, of course). In his last four games he has averaged 9.8 points, 4.2 rebounds, and 1.8 blocks in nearly 28 minutes per game. Recommended for leagues of 12 or more teams he can be utilized as a streamer while you are juggling for playoff spots. He’s owned in just 22% of most leagues.
3. Alonzo Gee-SG/SF-Cavs- Gee is on fire! On Wednesday vs Denver he dropped 19 points, had 7 boards, 3 assists, and copped 4 steals! He has now had 3 straight double-digit games. In his last four he’s averaged 12.8 points, 5 rebounds, 2.5 assists, 1.5 steals, and 1.3 treys, so he is quite capable of filling out a stat sheet. He’s averaging around 31 mpg and amazingly, he’s owned in only 15% of leagues. Really? What are you waiting for?
4. ZaZa Pachulia-C-Hawks- It seems that every year, just about this time too, Zaza, a rebounding machine, is available in most leagues. Well, just in time for the playoffs, Pachulia is averaging almost 10 points and 10 rebounds per game over his last 4 on 33:45 MPG. He’s had 2 double-doubles in his last three including his 10/14 he posted in Saturday’s win over the Thunder. He is currently owned in 25 % of most leagues and could help out with boards if you need him.
5. Trevor Booker-PF-Wizards- “A Must Add” This is not the first time we’ve recommended Booker as a waiver pickup, only now he has been classified as a must add in all leagues. He has scored 68 points and 51 rebounds in his last 5 games and averages less than 1 turnover per game. He’s played 31 mpg over his last 3 and has become a workhorse for the Wizards. In their win vs the Lakers on Wednesday Booker turned in a 18/17 performance that is simply Dwight ‘Howardesque’. He’s only owned in 28% of Yahoo! leagues. Stop reading this and run to your league ‘players’ page and pick this stud up!!