The revolving door that surrounds the quarterback position this season due to the large number of injuries, has made it difficult to gage which WR orTE will thrive under their replacements. Some examples will follow in this week’s waiver wire pickups below, none of which are owned in more than 12% of leagues as of Tuesday, Nov. 5, 2013.
1. Riley Cooper-WR-Eagles- 11% Owned- Clearly Nick Foles’ favorite target, Cooper has flourished when Foles has been under center. In his few starts at QB while Michael Vick has been out with an aggravated hammy, Coop has 12 receptions for 291 yards and 3 TDs. After throwing a league-tying 7 touchdowns last week (Vick threw just 5 TDs in his six starts), it wouldn’t surprise us if Foles stays on at QB for the rest of the season.
2. Tim Wright-TE-Buccaneers- 12% Owned- Bucs QB Mike Glennon has made Wright one his most targetted receivers. In his last two games, Wright has 12 targets, more than average for most TE’s, with 106 receiving yards, and 2 touchdowns. Glennon has shown a high comfort level in and has a good rapport with Wright, and understands how a TE can prove to be a young QB’s ‘best friend’. For those of you without Jordan Cameron this week (bye), Wright could be the ‘right’ pickup for you.
3. Rashad Jennings-RB-Raiders- 9% Owned- With Darren McFadden re-aggravating his hamstring, Jennings filled in and had 15 carries for a season high 102 rushing yards and one touchdown. He also had 74 receiving yards for those in PPR leagues. Jennings will continue to be the starting RB this week when the Raiders face a Giants team with some noted defensive flaws.
4. Case Keenum-QB-Texans- 10% Owned- Matt who? It doesn’t appear like the Texans nor their fans miss Matt Schaub all that much since Keenum took over as quarterback. Keenum had four touchdown passes and no interceptions in two starts against Kansas City and Indianapolis, one- and three-point losses to division leaders. He’s averaging 10.5 yards per attempt and his rating is a top-ten 118.0. Keenum makes an excellect pick up this week!
5. Doug Baldwin-WR-Seahawks- 12% Owned- With Darrelle Revis on Golden Tate and Sidney Rice out of Sunday’s game vs Tampa Bay, Baldwin found himself in a perfect spot. He had a season high 10 targets, 9 receptions for 75 yards, and a touchdown. We wouldn’t normally list him as a pickup for this week except the Seahawks are going up an Atlanta team in disarray and one that is generous to slot receivers such as Baldwin.