Every so often a regular season NFL game comes along with an inordinate amount of interesting and little known facts accompanying it. Thus was the case in the Giants 41-27 defeat of the Cleveland Browns on Sunday. At least five records were either tied or broken at Met Life Stadium on a rainy & chilly October afternoon. Here are some of the more interesting stats that we were able to extrapolate from this game…
1. The Giants came into this game averaging 89.5 yards on the ground per game. Sunday they had 243 rushing yards on the day.
2. RB Ahmad Bradshaw rushed for a career high 200 yards.
3. Cleveland has now lost 11 games in a row dating back to last season.
4. RB David Wilson collected his first NFL touchdown.
5. WR Victor Cruz had a career high three touchdowns in one game.
6. With just under four minutes left in the 1st quarter, the Giants scored on a 92 yard drive; their longest of the season.
7. RB Trent Richardson became the fist rookie to score five touchdowns in his first five games in franchise history.
8. RB Ahmad Bradshaw became the ninth 200 yard rusher in franchise history.
9. The Giants 41 points were the most scored in a regular season game since their 41-7 win over Seattle on 11/7/10. The last time they scored over 41 points in a regular season game was on 12/21/09 in a 45-12 victory over the Redskins in Washington.
10. The S.F. 49ers and the N.Y. Giants scored a combined 86 points in their games on Sunday. They will face each other in week #6…
Victor Cruz is the man!
No question about it!
The Niners put up over 600 all purpose yards of offense on a porous Bills’ defense ! The Bills don’t circle the wagons , they allow their opponents to come in and burn the whole damn thing down . Chan Gailey’s days are numbered as the Bills’ head coach .
Pingback: 10 Facts, stats, records in the Giants 41-27 win over Cleveland
What a great one this should be! Will the 49ers run or pass more? I know Eli will take to the air…Cruz gets 3 TD’s in this one! Great stuff as usual, Hank!
Thanks so much Steven! The Giants lost by a touchdown in their regular season game last year in week #10 on 11/13 vs the 49ers; 27-20. The Giants rushed for a total of only 92 yards and oddly enough the only TD’s through the air were by Mario Manningham (now a 49er), and Hakeem Nicks (OUT this week).
I like the concept behind this article Hank. It taught me lots of things I would have never known had I not read it, and I’m glad I did.
Thanks Maurice! Really appreciate the kind words.