* Home team in CAPS
As we get ready to enjoy the Christmas holiday, we want to wish all of you readers and subscribers, a warm, happy, healthy, and safe Christmas.
1. CHIEFS over Raiders- Chiefs have a new coach and a new quarterback (Orton for Palko), and way back on week six, shut the Raiders out at the Black Hole. They’re coming off a stunning win over the then undefeated Packers and should continue their winning ways. Orton through for 300 yards last week and is now in top form. Chiefs are the pick.
2. PANTHERS over Buccaneers- The Buccaneers have completely fallen apart losing their last eight games. In fact they haven’t won on the road since week 2 against the Vikings. The Panthers on the other hand, have won three of their last four games and blew away the Bucs by 19 points three weeks ago. No reason to believe that Cam Newton won’t go off today. Expect him to have as many as two rushing touchdowns and become a fantasy beast.
3. Eagles over COWBOYS- Philadelphia stunned the Cowboys back in week seven by 27 points and now that they have gotten their mojo back, they should beat the ‘Boys again. They are in full stride now scoring 81 points in their last two games vs the Dolphins and the Jets. Mathematically, th Eagles still have a shot at the post season but will need help. With Dallas, as with the Giants, you just don’t know which team will show up from week to week. Too much momentum on the Eagles side as the ‘Dream Team’ has finally ‘awakened’.
4. TITANS over Jaguars- After last week’s humiliating loss to the then winless Colts, the Titans should be back in their winning ways this week against the offensively challenged Jags. The Jaguars have lost four of their last five and have scored an average of 14 points in their losses. Maurice Jones-Drew cannot do it all… The Titans’ defense should make this contest a close one in the 19-12 vicinity.
5. Broncos over BILLS- Losers of seven in a row, the Bills, have just mailed in their season. In fact, the game has been blocked out in Buffalo as there was still 24,000 seats unsold as of yesterday. Look for Willis McGahee to run amok over the Bills and Tim Tebow will have an easier time running as well. Broncos should move to 8-6 when the game is over.
* Last week 4-1
** Season 45-25