Pats could be upset today…
1. N.E. Patriots are 1-5 vs. Denver- Not a big determining factor but a stat nonetheless. Their last loss to the Broncos, 20-17, was in Denver in October of 2009. Brady went 19 of 33 for just 215 yards.
2. Who have the Patriots beaten?- In the thirteen games they have played this year, five had winning records. They only beat two of them; Dallas and the Jets. And lets not forget that they lost to Buffalo.
3. Tebow has won 6 in a row as a starter- Call it divine intervention or whatever you would like, but Tebow continues to roll and hasn’t been stopped in a month and a half. Two of the teams the Broncos have beaten are both in the hunt for a playoff berth-Oakland and the Jets.
4. Mile High Air- A more benign reason but one that has been the downfall of many a team. You can usually see opponents wearing oxygen masks on the sidelines by the 2nd quarter. Not an easy place to play.
5. On the road again… In the last three seasons, the Pats have lost thirteen games; eleven of them were on the road including their loss to the Broncos IN Denver.
Tebow’s maker, the only one who already knows the outcome of today’s game, would not comment on this story.