FIVE PICKUPS-WEEK #15
1. FELIX JONES-RB-COWBOYS- DeMarco Murray came in to replace Jones after he suffered a high ankle sprain back in week 6. Now Jones finds himself replacing Murray after his severe ankle injury last week against the Giants. We touted Jones before the season started back on August 21st. Here’s what we said back then in a post called:
6 Sleeper candidates to consider:
6) Felix Jones-RB-Cowboys- Now that Marion Barber is on the Bear’s roster, Jones is poised to have an amazing year as witnessed by his performance in the pre-season gamevs the Broncos; 18 yard run and a 16 yard reception. All he needs now is for the offensive line to do a much better job than last year. A newly bulked up Jones is surely ‘sleeper worthy’.
2. DARRIUS HEYWARD-BEY- RAIDERS- The Lions give up the ninth most fantasy points to WR’s and Bey has been on a roll the last three weeks while filling in for the injured Denarius Moore. Carson Palmer has made Heyward-Bey his most targeted wideout throwing passes his way 29 times since week 12. His line over that time is 12-141-1. We’re not saying he could replace a stud like Greg Jennings but he will make a decent WR3. The rookie is available in 75% of Yahoo! leagues.
3. BEN TATE-RB-TEXANS- In leagues of 10 or less, Tate could be a sneaky sleeper pickup this week as the Texans go up against the team who gives up the most fantasy points to running backs in the league-the Carolina Panthers. He just missed the century mark last week running for 97 yards against the Cincinnati Bengals and should eclipse that total this week. He is available in about a third of all Yahoo! leagues and will make a formidable RB 2 if you’re lucky enough to snag him.
4. DEMARYIUS THOMAS-WR-BRONCOS- That this wide receiver is only owned in just 16% of Yahoo! leagues is beyond comprehension. In the last two weeks Thomas has 11 receptions for 222 yards and 3 touchdowns! If that isn’t enough reason to grab this former 1st round pick of the Broncos last year, then how about this; he’ll be facing the unbelievably generous secondary of the N.E. Patriots this week. Thomas makes a very desirable add for those that had to say goodbye to Greg Jennings and now have a hole to fill. If Denver’s front line can give Tebow time like he’s had in the last two weeks where he’s thrown for almost 400 yards, then Thomas should pay dividends.
5. DEFENSE/SPECIAL TEAMS:
*SEATTLE SEAHAWKS: They’re facing the Chicago Bears who, although stout on defense, they have only scored 13 points in the last two weeks. Seattle by contrast, has scored 61 points and given up 27 in their last two games. Available in 57% of Yahoo! leagues.
*TENNESSEE TITANS: They are playing the 0-13 Indianapolis Colts. Enough said. They’re available in 70% of Yahoo! leagues so no excuse.
*ARIZONA CARDINALS: Going up against the hapless Cleveland Browns who could be without their QB Colt (unlucky 1st name) McCoy who sustained a concussion last week. The Browns have averaged 13.5 points a game on the season but have just averaged 6.5 in their last two. They are available in 83% of Yahoo! leagues.
Good luck to all the teams coming off their 1st round byes this week! And to all those still alive and scratching for a decent finish in your leagues.