*Home team in CAPS
1) BRONCOS over Jets- This was our first pick which was posted before Thursday night’s game. We did an entire post on why the Jets would lose and although a close one, they lost 17-13 after an amazing 95 yard final Bronco drive capped off by Tebow’s 20 yard rushing touchdown. Got to see Tim Terrific for the first time and came away thinking that he could win any game he plays. It’s been the same script in almost each one he’s started.
2) Jaguars over BROWNS- Question: What do get if you take Tebow’s drive in last night’s game OUT of the game? Yep! The Browns vs the Jags! This should be another 17-13 or 14-9 yawner…. If Peyton Hillis was playing and he was tearing it up like he did last year, we would pick the Brownies at home. But we’ll go with the Jags because MJD and their outstanding defense should be all they need to pull out a win.
3) Raiders over VIKINGS- Following their victory in San Diego against the Chargers, the Raiders travel to Minnesota to take on the Vikings who are coming off their embarrassing 45-7 defeat at the hands of the 9-0 Packers. QB Carson Palmer is airing the ball out with more confidence and RB Michael Bush, filling in for Darren McFadden (foot) who has been ruled out of Sunday’s game, has also chipped in with 157 rushing yards and a TD and another 85 yards through the air. The 2-7 Vikings give up the sixth most rushing yards per game (94) and Jared Allen cannot stop Raider Nation all by himself. Oakland also needs this game to stay in 1st place in the heated AFC West division race. Vikings…well they’re just playing for pride.
4) DOLPHINS over Bills- Never thought we would be picking the Fish but this week’s game vs the Bills is just too tempting. Miami has won two in a row and it could have very easily been four (see their losses vs Broncos and the Giants). The Bills have only won one game on the road this year, have only scored a total of 18 points in their last two games, and will be without Center Eric Wood (knee). Bill’s RB Fred Jackson, referring to the loss of Wood said, “It’s tough. …to lose a guy like that is definitely tough.” WR Stevie Johnson (shoulder) is questionable as well. Look for Miami to make it three in a row.
5) Cowboys over REDSKINS- The 3-6 Redskins, losers of their last five games, will not be going to the post season this year. Injuries have plagued this team so badly that they’ve only scored 20 points in their last three games. Coach Mike Shanahan has veteran QB Rex Grossman starting so it’s clear he has already ‘thrown in the towel’ on this season. Conversely, the Cowboys have been an offensive machine of late, scoring 67 points in just their last two games. The (5-4) ‘Boys have done it with RB DeMarco Murray- 358 total yards and a TD over the last couple of games, and with WR Laurent Robinson filling in for injured WR Miles Austin. Robinson has 105 receiving yards and 3 TD’s in the last 2 games. Too much offense for this to be even close.
* Last week 1-4
** Season 26-19
I like the 5 picks format, it’s different from most. Anyway, it seems like Carson Palmer is clicking with his receivers, especially Denarius Moore, who’s on my fantasy team (Yeah!).
Thanks-we would rather concentrate on five games then to say something about every team. We like Denarius Moore a lot and think he should do well this week. Certainly Aaron Rodgers had no problem passing to his receivers last week vs these same Vikings…
Thanks for commenting & best of luck with your fantasy team!