1) Chris Cooley-TE-Redskins- He’s been breaking down due to repeated surgeries including the one he had on his knee this past January. Coach Mike Shanahan has said that Cooley has now been ‘shut down indefinitely’, leaving Fred Davis as an appealing option.
2) Jonathan Stewart-RB-Panthers-With the signing of DeAngelo Williams to that mega five-year $43 million contract, Stewart has been relegated to the role of back up and as such you can exclude him from your cheat sheet this season.
3) Fred Jackson-RB-Bills- With C.J. Spiller most likely getting an increased work load this year, Jackson, now at 30 years old, will see less touches than last season. Having one of the most feeble offensive lines in all of football also makes Jackson an easy pass.
4) Roy Williams-WR- Bears- The much over-hyped Williams has had the stage at his disposal for several seasons and it’s been to no avail as he has totally under-performed. It’s been reported that he’s not looked good in practices both physically as well as on the field, making Johnny Knox the much better option here.
5) LaDainian Tomlinson-RB-Jets- With Shonn Greene assigned the role of starting RB for the Jets, look for L.T.’s carries to drop from his 200 plus last year to a more pedestrian 125.
6) Reggie Wayne-WR-Colts- Injuries last year to Anthony Gonzalez, Joseph Addai, Austin Collie, and Dallas Clark provided a surge in Wayne’s receptions, but with all of them healthy again, coupled with his nagging knee injury late last season, there are better choices to be had here.