*Home team in CAPS
BRONCOS over Jets- And here they are in no particular order:
1. If you believe that history repeats itself, then the Jets are in for a long evening in Denver. They got crushed last week by the New England Patriots 37-16. Last year Jet fans will remember, (unfortunately), that these same Patriots crushed them by a score of 45-3. The Jets, emotionally drained and embarassed, just like they were on Sunday, lost to the putrid Miami Dolphins the following week.
2. Last year the Jets travelled to Denver and just barely escaped with a 24-20 win and that was their first win at Mile High in 10 years! Plus that game was not against a quarterback as unorthodox as Tim Tebow.
3. It’s hard enough coming off an emotionally charged game (and loss) as the one vs the Pats last week, but it’s made even more tenuous when the next game is just four days later and requires changes in time zones, after only three days of preparation and practices. It doesn’t help that the Jets have won only one road game all year either…
4. Injuries to RB LaDanian Tomlinson and WR Jeremy Kerley will not help the Jets. LT’s absence will be more significant as he has been more of their inspirational leader. You’ll see him on the sidelines before games begin surrounded by Jet players-(think Ray Lewis of the Baltimore Ravens). *Watch the video below to see him in action. He has also been the Jets’ 3rd down back and a key blocker, so he will be sorely missed. Kerley has been returning punts and took over when WR Derrick Mason was traded but was still another offensive option.
5. The Broncos rushed 55 times last week against the Chiefs and if they are allowed to repeat that kind of performance in tonight’s game that won’t bode well for the Jets either. 40-50 running plays in a game does two things; it keeps the ball out of the opponents hands and serves to wear down their defensive line. Helping this cause will be New Jersey native and starting Bronco RB Lance Ball. He ran 30 times for almost 100 yards last week and might want to show off a little against the Jets for his friends & family back home.